HR Works, Inc. is assisting our client with a terrific opportunity as the Director of Human Resources of a nonprofit organization in Batavia, NY. This organization has approximately 500 employees and is dedicated to helping people with disabilities meet their full potential. They are a private, nonprofit organization.
Summary of duties:
• Providing thorough analysis and forecasting related to workplace and HR trends; including but not limited to: employment, benefits and compensation, performance management, employee safety, payroll, HR compliance, and personnel policy development.
• Providing full oversight and leading recruitment initiatives to source candidates, promote behavioral interviewing, and provide guidance with the transfer and promotion process.
• Managing, planning and agency-wide communication of organizations portfolio of employee benefits; including medical, dental, vision, 401(k), FSA, term life, AD&D, short-term disability, worker’s compensation, EAP, time off policies, and other voluntary benefits.
• Leading the organizations Safety Committee and employee-related OSHA reporting. Coordinating employee safety initiatives.
• Providing employee and management support including individual employee support and guidance to supervisors, manager, and directors for performance management and department needs. Providing executive level guidance and support for personnel issues, discipline, terminations, and internal investigations relating to employee issues.
• Implementing new initiatives and ensuring HR processes meet compliance standards with multiple regulators including but not limited to: Department of Labor, FLSA, OPWDD, COBRA, ERISA, State Dept of Education, Dept of Health, organization’s corporate compliance, and personnel policies and procedures.
This position has supervisory responsibilities.
Education and Qualifications:
• Bachelor’s degree in Human Resource Management, or business-related field preferred.
• Minimum five (5) years of progressive experience working as an exempt-level HR Professional. Supervisory experience preferred.
• PHR/SPHR or SHRM-CP/SHRM SCP certification preferred.
• Experience in the human services or nonprofit arena highly desirable.
Other preferred qualifications:
• Expertise in HR Generalist activities including: Employee relations, benefits and compensation, recruiting, performance management, employee safety, payroll, HR compliance, and personnel policy development.
• Proven ability to interact professional and effectively with all levels of employees and executive management and Board members.
• Proven ability to lead and adopt a best practice approach to all HR Department initiatives. Ability to conceptualize projects from a global perspective as well as from an implementation and operations standpoint.
• Ability to troubleshoot and overcome hurdles with patience, diligence and professionalism.
• Ability to lead and/or assist department management with sensitive situations, ensuring empathy and respect while communicating and maintaining agency policies and procedures. Ability to maintain high levels of confidentiality.
• High level of proficiency communicating agency-wide initiatives. High level of proficiency and accountability with documentation. Proven ability to meet deadlines is essential.
• Knowledge of and ability to learn, interpret, make recommendations, and implement HR process regarding new regulations and laws pertaining to Department of Labor, FLSA, OSHA, EEOC, COBRA, ERISA, employee background checking, and OPWDD employment-related requirements.
• Affordable options with medical plans
• Generous time-off policy
• Tuition Reimbursement
• Involved community participation
This employer is an Equal Opportunity Employer.