Position: Human Resources Manager
Location: Victor, NY
The Human Resources Manager will be responsible for translating business strategy into HR strategy, and organizational needs to HR solutions within an 80-person business segment and growing shared service organization.
- Develops HR strategy, solutions and a strategic workforce plan that aligns to the business and function strategy and objectives.
- Develops robust talent management plans to attract, retain, develop, and engage talent in critical roles.
- Coaches senior leaders on complex leadership and HR issues including development and talent performance and issues.
- Builds organizational capability through development and/or facilitation of appropriate leadership team (i.e., team effectiveness, goal development and alignment, manager capability, etc.)
- Ensures legal compliance by monitoring and implementing applicable human resource federal and state requirements; conducting investigations; maintaining records; representing the organization at hearings.
- Maintains management guidelines by preparing, updating, and recommending human resource policies and procedures
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business or related discipline
- Minimum of ten years of progressive experience in all aspects of Human Resources
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of U.S. labor and employment laws and compliance with federal and state employment laws and regulations
- Thorough working knowledge of current practices in the administration of HR policies, including: HRIS, training and development, benefits, compensation administration, performance review processes, performance management, succession planning, proactive employee relations, issue investigation and resolution, and talent acquisition
- Knowledge of Canadian labor and employment laws
- Master’s degree
- Experience managing Human Resources for a federal contracting organization
- SPHR, PHR, SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP certification
Please be aware that many of our positions require a security clearance, or the ability to obtain one. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens.
Ultra Electronics is a UK-based defense, aerospace, cyber security, energy, and transportation products group. Ultra manages a portfolio of specialist capabilities, generating highly differentiated solutions and products by applying electronic, mechanical, and software technologies in demanding and critical environments to meet customer needs.
Ultra Electronics Flightline Systems is an advanced technology business that specializes in the design, manufacture and support of electronic and electromechanical systems and products for defense, security and aerospace applications worldwide.
We focus on integrating sensing, control, communication and display systems and subsystems. By investing generously in R&D, advanced engineering and customer service we ensure that our customers can predict, manage and control where our innovations and standard products take your business.
Today we lead the world in receiver technology and product development for antisubmarine warfare systems and we maintain leadership positions in aircraft instruments, test sets, and gyroscopes. In all categories, we stand ready to help our customers achieve their mission by advancing technology and developing breakthrough solutions.
We offer medical, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance, health savings accounts, paid time off, and a 401(k) plan with a Company match.
Ultra Electronics is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer. M/F/D/V
Ultra Electronics provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Ultra Electronics complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
If you need an accommodation for any part of the application process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
APPLY FOR THIS POSITION