Hillside Family of Agencies has an opening for a Compliance Specialist!
This is a full time 40 hour position, Monday – Friday, business hours with some flexibility.
The Compliance Specialist is responsible for supporting the day-to-day compliance operations under general supervision and direction for new hires, volunteers, interns and others engaged in our mission of supporting youth and families with their varied, diverse and complex needs. This position will use independent judgment, which includes analyzing, creating and tracking compliance related records and actions. The Compliance Specialist must be able to maintain confidentiality and demonstrate the ability to be trusted with sensitive or protected information.
Essential functions of the Compliance Specialist include, but are not limited to:
• Coordinate and processes day-to-day compliance operational activities including federal exclusion screening, fingerprint, state central registry checks, criminal history and background checks, professional credentialing and other compliance requirements based on funder or agency requirements.
• Continuous follow up with individuals in the compliance process to ensure they are completing tasks and moving through the process as quickly as possible.
• Data entry of information and auditing of completed forms to ensure accuracy and completeness. Follow up on information that is not complete and is responsible to get what is needed to move forward.
• Regularly review laws and agency policies and protocols for all compliance operation processes to ensure alignment with established laws, regulations, policies and standards. This position recommends process updates to effectively meet regulatory and agency compliance standards changes.
• Maintains required data and reports in the system of record; producing or assisting teammates with the creation and production of various reports while verifying accuracy. This position analyzes and provides data feedback as required.
Associate’s degree required, preferably in Human Resources, Business, Criminal Justice or related field. Candidates must have at least 1 year experience in Human Resources and/or customer services or related work is required.
The ideal candidate will routinely and independently complete assignments on time and with high accuracy; demonstrate excellent analytical skills; communicate effectively and professionally with applicants, employees and external agencies and personnel. The preferred candidate will demonstrate the initiative and ability to research, understand, and interpret compliance laws and regulatory standards and policies; in addition to handle and prioritize multiple responsibilities within all compliance areas utilizing effective judgment in interpreting information.
To apply, visit www.hillside.com/work and enter 1815W in the key word search bar.
Human Resources & Organizational Development and Learning• 1 Mustard Street • Rochester, NY 14609 Phone (585) 654-1301 • Fax (585) 654-1312 • email@example.com